The proposed approach will be based on the best knowledge available, will be developed with the support of Institutional partners and observers and the involvement of all main stakeholders and will provide detailed recommendations for the evaluation of cross-border MSP. based on an integrated overall assessment (environmental, legal, administrative, economic and social) and taking into account multiple demands and potentials.
The proposal will promote the harmonized implementation under an ecosystem based approach of the EU legislative framework on marine and maritime issues, including the ICZM Protocol for the Mediterranean and the new Directive proposal on ICZM-MSP (COM(2013)133 final), and the development of the EUSAIR Action Plan.
ADRIPLAN’s objectives and approach:
- Supports the development of the Action Plan implementing the Maritime Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Seas;
- Is consistent with the principles of the Roadmap for MSP;
- Is ecosystem-based;
- Responds to peculiarities of each application area (Macroregion and Focus Areas);
- Provides greater certainty for investment in infrastructures and other economic activities;
- Fully involves relevant regional and governmental bodies and other relevant stakeholders;
- Harmonizes with the emergent MSP systems of other Member States;
- Responds to the maritime policy priorities of relevant Member States;
- Promotes a sound evolution of the legal, administrative and governance framework;
- Recognizes the autonomy of member states in developing MSP and the voluntary nature of cross-border initiatives.
- Dissemination of experience from the project;
- Formulation of recommendations for overcoming barriers and progressing cross-border MSP.